With summer coming to an end, it’s time to see how your skin has fared after long, sunny afternoons of baseball games, poolside fun, family picnics, and beach getaways. Even with your daily dose of sunscreen, your complexion may be looking less than lustrous right about now. Before you send dull skin on its way, consider what’s going on above and below the surface.
We often pay more attention to evidence of the sun’s scorching UVB rays (hello sunburn), but it’s the aging UVA rays that can do far more insidious damage to the texture, quality and tone of our skin. For example, every time unprotected skin is exposed to UVA rays, skin cells in that area produce more melanin (or pigment), resulting in dark spots and a drab, uneven complexion.
Even if you feel like you’ve had that sprinkling of spots on your nose, cheeks or forehead forever, think again. No one is born with freckles. While there is a genetic tendency to develop dark areas or uneven pigmentation, sun exposure is a critical factor in bringing out freckles and it greatly accelerates visible signs of aging.
Now’s your chance to perk up post-summer skin. Just remember that sun exposure doesn’t just appear (or disappear) overnight, so be patient. Make sure your daily skincare routine includes exfoliation (to remove dead dulling skin), and look for ingredients like Vitamin C to help even out skin tone. REVERSE Brightening Regimen is an effective way to clean the slate, evening and brightening tone while reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles—so you can look forward to younger-looking skin this fall.
Transition from Summer to Fall with these 5 Skin Care Tips
- Ditch The Soap- It will dry out your skin instead use the REVERSE Deep Exfoliating Wash it is a multi-mechanism exfoliator that simultaneously cleanses and refines sun damaged, blotchy complexions. Alpha hydroxy acids loosen old, dull skin cells so that tiny exfoliators can effectively sweep them away, this will make your skin instantly brighter.
- Exfoliate With An Oil-Free Scrub- The summer sun and chlorine may have left your skin feeling dry and flaky. Start the new season off with a full-body exfoliation session. The Micro-Dermabrasion Paste is a high-glide, oil-free formula designed to help promote maximum gentle exfoliation and leave your skin feeling more smooth.
- Moisturizer Daily- With ESSENTIALS™ Daily Body Moisturizer features it has RF-Dcell technology to calm skin from climate-induced stressors, humectants to moisturize dry skin and Dimethicone to help condition the skin’s natural moisture barrier. This lightweight, non-greasy formula absorbs quickly to soften skin and keep you feeling smooth from morning to night.
- Protect Your Lips- Start moisturizing now to prevent dry, cracked lips this winter. The ESSENTIALS Lip Shield Broad Spectrum SPF 25 effectively blocks harmful UVA rays, while moisturizing lips with Shea Butter, Avocado and Sunflower Seed Oil. For fuller, younger-looking lips try REDEFINE Lip Renewing Serum. Rich with peptides and vitamin E, this unique serum helps lips retain their natural moisture, visibly smooths lip texture and reduces the appearance of lip wrinkles.
- Invest In Hand Balm- Use REDEFINE Age Shield Hand Balm throughout the day for continuous defense against the telling signs of aging on your hands.This multitasking hand balm combines Vitamin C (which helps reduce the appearance of spots and helps firm skin) with our exclusive SHIELDrf technology for broad spectrum protection against UVA/UVB rays.
Seasonal changes can definitely create change in the skin, so by following these skin tips and changing up your skin routine, you can keep it looking and feeling its best.
Schedule a free virtual consultation to get customized advice in person, over the phone or online via Skype or FaceTime.